So what ISN'T Obama's fault?

This country has been in trouble for a very long time. Obama has been in office for 100 days and the right is saying either he should have had it fixed by now OR that it's his doing. What is on thing that's wrong with this country that is not Obama's fault?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Uh it's all his fault, haven't you been reading CM?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:14 PM on May. 28, 2009

• It's not that we expected him to FIX the country in 100 days, we just didn't think he would set our country BACK a 100 years in 100 days!!!

He has done NOTHING to get this country out of our hole, and done EVERYTHING to dig us further in!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• People are always going to find fault with an elected official. No person is perfect.
    Anonymous

• the right is saying either he should have had it fixed by now OR that it's his doing.

And this is why you fail. The right is not saying he should have fixed it by now. The right is saying he should not have made it exponentially worse within the first month, which he did.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ...and Obama is definitely a simplistic prototype.
    Anonymous

• The right never said he should have it fixed by now. Stop making things up for controversy, the anger comes from generational theft, promises not kept, and a budget that is unsustainable, along with socialistic reforms, and neverending spending, and extreme bipartisanship he claims to want to dispose of but does everything he can to create more of.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• So what ISN'T Obama's fault?

Hmm.....let's see! Oh, I know, I have a hangnail,from biting my nails. I guess that could,technically be my fault. LOL.
    Anonymous

• The trouble this country had is nothing compared to the troubled that has been added since Jan. 20.

Yes, the economy was bad. The blame for that is clearly upon the shoulders of the Dems. They opened the treasury door and handed out money for houses to people that couldn't afford them. When grilled just a few short years ago they said everything was fine.

Economies cycle. A capitalistic economy will correct itself. It doesn't need infusions of billions of borrowed dollars to do so.

Obama took this problem and drastically increased our debt. You can't borrow your way out of debt.

Our country ran out of money last week. They spent all the income for this yr. The rest of the yr is all borrowing. At some point the debt collector comes knocking. When China, the debt collector, knocks our country will be screwed.

Do you want to be a citizen of China? I don't.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'm not any worse off than I was for the past 8 years...in fact, my life is improving...

So, I have to say that the whole "worse 100 days" remarks are ridiculous as everyone who tries to say that 100 days ruined our nation (as opposed to a build up over several years that has finally climaxed and is now trying to be repaired)

I mean, come on people! Everyone acts like the exact moment Obama swore in that everything went to heck in a handbasket and thats just silly! These problems were brewing up the past 2 years (at least!)

AND I'm not even pinning that on Bush, just the timing of the global market (for economics) and recent changes in the Middle East (Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran) and various, random power-players (in both parties) making bad decisions!

What's not Obama's fault? TONS OF THINGS!!!!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• "Obama took this problem and drastically increased our debt. You can't borrow your way out of debt. "----Actually the drop in the bucket that Obama borrowed doesn't even compare to the "normal" government spending that goes on...How much has Iraq cost us? And if memory serves me correctly, Clinton (who was a Dem, BTW) did a strategy just like this during his term (if on a smaller scale)

"Dems. They opened the treasury door and handed out money for houses to people that couldn't afford them. "----That was actually lending companies, not the treasury...they aren't party affiliated.

"They spent all the income for this yr. The rest of the yr is all borrowing. At some point the debt collector comes knocking"---Happens all the time...And to compare a global economy with something like a debt collector is just ignorant. Its not that simple.

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009