Driving about 700 miles with 6 week and 2 1/2 yo

I am going to montana to see my sister graduate but is it safe to go with this flu going around? im begining to think that this flu thing is just a bunch of bull crap but i am still a little scared...its going to be me my mom and my boys so do u think it is safe? and what are some good ways to keep my babies happy?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 3:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Travel

• drive in the middle of the night. I don't know a whole lot about this flu thing going around but we have a trip to make later on this summer so my son can meet his great great grandma and we can get another 5 generation picture again and the drive is between 15 and 18 hours. Depends on how traffic in the cities are, but we drive it in the middle of the night. That way you don't have as much traffic and the kids sleep most of the time. And also pack a cooler with snacks and drinks. Don't forget to take some of they're favorite toys and maybe some kid cd's so they can atleast enjoy music some of the time. Good luck.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 4:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I think you should break up the trip into 2 days if at all possible so the kids can stretch and play in a hotel. Maybe find one with an indoor pool for the 2 yr old. 12hrs is a long time for little ones.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009