30 wks breech position, dont want c section, how can i get her to move

so that i can do a vaginal delivery ?

babymomma4

Asked by babymomma4 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my last dd was breech and I had her vaginally. The doctor turned her. You could try getting on all fours and rocking her but not sure that works. It's an old wives tale.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You can visit a Chiropractor who is familiar with the Webster Technique to turn the baby.

You can visit http://www.spinningbabies.com

You can kneel on your hands and knees and rock back and forth (this is what my grandmother did, as it gives them more room to move).

You can deliver breech vaginally (depending on the presentation).

littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 4:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Talk to her. What I have seen done by docs doesn't look too comfy!!! They push the baby and forcefuly into head down position!!! I talked to my babies when they were inside and it sometimes worked!!! It won't hurt to try! Explain to her that mommy needs(name you've blessed her with)you to turn so your head is down(try to get exact position from ultra sound and gently push her head when saying head) and trace your finger along your belly with enough pressure to be felt. If she is comfy you're in trouble unless you convice your doc to force her into position!!! Other than that let nature take its course(you may find a reason worth having c-section done!) and hope that surgery isn't needed after all!!! GL & BW!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• she can move at the last sec...thats how my friends baby was..good luck
    kelly87

Answer by kelly87 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• my sisters baby was breech up until the minute she went into labor and than she was able to havea vaginal delivery. C-sections are not joke there horrible.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• your baby still has a chance of flipping over. get checked again at 34 and 36 weeks pregnant...some babies will even change positions at 38 weeks,. my doc said. so...but usually at 34 weeks is when you'll know for sure. Don't schedule that c-section just yet. hope your baby moves in the right position in 4 weeks...good luck...and pray!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:54 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I had a c-section for a breech baby 8 weeks ago. She was breech at 37 wks. I had a version (the docs. tried to turn her) that was unsuccessful and then scheduled a c-section. I ended up going into labor the day before and my baby did not turn on her own. She was very stubbornly breech. I tried all kinds of things. I propped an ironing board up on my sofa and laid down on it, elevated my butt/hips in the air 30 mins. a day, played music down near my lower stomach, etc. Nothing worked, but I was already 37 wks, like I said. The c-section sucked, but then again, so did labor.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:14 AM on May. 1, 2009