FORMULA TO REGULAR MILK?

HOW OLD SHOULD MY BABY BE BEFORE I SWITCH HIM FROM FORMULA TO REGULAR MILK?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One year at least.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• At least 1 year old. But what I did for my daughter at 11 months old was once every 2-3 days I would offer her 1/2 cup of milk. She didn't like it at first, and it took her little body some time to adjust to it (there was some diarrhea at first, and some gas) but it allowed her time to adjust to it instead of just all of a sudden switching her at 1 year.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'd start doing 1/2 milk 1/2 formula about 11 months. It aids in introducing change without the shock of not being her "milk" in the bottle!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Around one year, otherwise under the guidance of your pediatrician.

We just switched with no trouble.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Generally one year. But you don't need to give your baby cow milk (unless she is a baby cow). This is the time to get her in the he althy habit of drinking water. Mom, you should be setting a great example by drinking at least 8 8oz glasses every day. If you are concerned about her getting enough calcium, there is great information here: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/strong_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 5:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009