My baby is teething, but the two teeth that are growing in are in random places. Is this weird?

Her top left front tooth is growing in, which I figure is normal, but about three "teeth spaces" over to the left of that tooth (the third space) is another tooth breaking through? Is this normal? Should I be concerned or not worry about it. Has this happened to anyone else? I thought teeth came in in pairs. Like the two top or two bottom.

She's only 8 months. BTW

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teeth USUALLY come in pairs and they USUALLY follow an order. But there are so many exceptions to that order that some baby books won't even list it. Any order is fine. If you are concerned, bring it up at his next checkup.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My third baby did not get the front teeth first he got the next set. He looked like a baby vampire. We were going to make him one for Halloween but the front ones came in before we could.
    No worries... each baby is different.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009