Have you ever bounced a check?

I have ONCE and ONLY ONCE! the bank worked with me though... and it was only cuz my Boyfirend worte it out for 118.54 instead of 118.45... yeh it was for a bill right after my son was obrn and we were down to the bottom of the money til the next week... but the bank worked with us..

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Most banks have an overdraft protection that grows larger the longer you have the account (example - when I opened my account I had a $300 overdraft protection, meaning anything over drafted up the that amount would be covered. I now have a $600 overdraft protection. )
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No I haven't ever bounced one..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• sadly, yes. never on purpose.
    zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 4:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Only once 26 yrs ago. I always kept an extra book of checks in the glove box, just in case. I went to pick up my glasses and ran out of checks. I had a screaming ionfant with me, was busy and had to get to the base to pick up my DH. I grabbed the book from the car wrote the check and left hurriedly. What I had let slip my mind....we had just moved a month before. The checks were from the old address. Same bank, different branch. Way back then they didn't communicate the way they do now. I was terribly embarrassed. for a pair of $46 glasses I had to pay a $20 fee to the bank, a $25 fee to the optical shop and we couldn't write checks on any base in 11th Naval district for 3 years and only then after we petitioned and they approved. It was a mess..an a very big lesson to slow down regardless and watch what you're doing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I've never actually bounced one and had to pay the fee to the store (or where ever it was bounced) but I have over-drafted my account because of a check. It's never fun when you over-draft!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 4:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes, once a long long time ago. I have never made that mistake again and thank goodness for online banking so that I can see everything.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• no but my ex loves to write hot checks for child support lol
    Anonymous

• Yes I have and it was on the banks fault! The bank closed my account out from under me with no notice!! I now have $600 over draft protection just in case.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 7:53 AM on May. 1, 2009