Child molesters in Public Bathrooms!!!!?

This is less a question and more of a warning. My son is 6 years old and my fionce, my son and I had went out to eat. We all made a stop at the bathroom before we left and split to the appropriate stalls. My son went into the mens room and my fionce had not went in yet...I waited outside the bathrooms for my son and heard a man talking to my son a little creepy....it was starting to creep me out and my fionce soon came and I told him...he went in to check and I guess this guy (who was like 40 or so) and VERY suspicious looking walked right out when he seen my fionce walk in. I think he knew I was the boys mom and put his head down when he seen me outside the door. I am disgusted and now wont let my son go into the mens room without my fionce w him. Be careful ladies.....

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Sorry...didn't know what section would be most appropriate to post this in....all these questions on whether you should leave your child alone or not.....NOOOOOOO.....don't do it....your children are too precious to risk anyone hurting them
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'm glad your son is okay!

I have a two year old and he is coming into the women's restroom with me(if we're out alone) until he's a teenager!

I never have a problem with moms bringing in their sons!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Why didn't you go in? Seriously. I'm not criticizing you, please don't misunderstand me. But, if I let my son go in the bathroom by himself and I heard someone talking to him, I'd be walking in yelling that if they don't want me to see it, they better zip it up fast cause I'm coming in. I would not worry about being proper and all that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• How do you know he was a molestor? What did he say that indicates this? THis is a serious accusation and just b/c he "looked" creepy doesn't mean he's a molestor
    Anonymous

• I didn't go in right away because I was trying to listen to what he was saying to my son and by the time I became alarmed my fionce walked up and walked in....I was about to go in....trust me...I was molested as a kid and I know what that does to children
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes this has actually been a problem. Parents should never let their kids go alone until they are old enough to get away.
    But that said, criminals of all types need to pee too. Don't give them the opportunity to get your kid alone.
    Anonymous

• It was a sense....the way he scurried out of the bathroom when my fionce walked in and the way he lowered his head when he seen me indicates something was not right......and also...men don't get too chatty in the mensroom...in fact they try to avoid that...
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes this type of thing has been a problem for awhile. Were you able to hear what he was saying to him? Its so hard because with all the pervs out everywhere its like we have to keep our children in a bubble or something, and you never know if someone is just trying to be nice and friendly or have other BAD intentions
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I couldn't hear what he was saying to him.....I try not to keep my son in a bubble to protect him...I don't want him to be scared of everything but I want him to know what to do in case and have talked to him already about not letting anyone touch him and that he can tell me
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• <--remembering now why I love 'family bathrooms'
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009