swine flu????

wha is it and why is everyone freaking out about it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• It's another strain of influenza. It's respiratory, not a stomach bug although some people are vomiting with it.

Things to watch for are nasty cold symptoms and a fever...get to your doctor to be tested and start treatment if necessary.

Incubation period is roughly 7 days. If you've been in contact with anyone who has traveled to Mexico (or with someone who was in contact with someone who had traveled to Mexico), if YOU've been in Mexico recently, if you've been in contact with any one who has it....

Wash and sanitize your hands, so what you would normally do to try to avoid catching a cold or other virus.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Google it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Ya. Seriously. Have you been under a rock? Google it.
    Anonymous

• Go to webmd.com. you'll understand then....
    Anonymous

• do you watch TV, listen to the radio, are you living under ground step back in to the real world you need to do some studying..
    Anonymous

• all of you that are just bashing on me need to not answer any questions unless you can be nice about it instead of bitches...im not up for dealing with people that are going to give me stupid answers...i would like help because no i havent been watching tv and my computer isnt that great so why dont you just actually answer my question or just mind your own business.....ive been moving and shit i dont need any extra stress from people with stupid answers...do you understand anything or do you all just want to be a big ass group of people who dont know how to understand that not everyone watches tv
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I agree. How rude!!!! She just wanted a simple answer.
    I've been keeping up with my msn. It's my home page. I'm not quite sure I get it though. I am a little scared being it is in my state now, just a few hours away.
    April0040

Answer by April0040 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree with the poster. What's so different about this flu than any other? Yes, it does come from pigs and no they do not have a vaccine for it. But, there aren't vaccines for alot of flu viruses going around. Yes, a baby died from it too, but, tons of people die from the flu every year. Yes they did raise the alert to level 5, but, I saw today on the news that that only means that the swine flu has been seen in two different countries...Mexico and US...we already knew that. I'm no more worried about this flu than I am the flu that goes around every year. When a new disease without a vaccine and with effects more like the Measles, Polio, Plague, etc. starts going around, then, I'll start really worrying. I too am still trying to figure out why this is so much more serious than the yearly flu...unless the government is hiding something from the public about all this.
    Anonymous

• I don't trust the media so I put in a call to our pediatrician's office this morning. I have two asthmatics and wanted to know what I need to be watching out for.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2009