• In the Spotlight:

when i go to the dentist....can i get anything to help witht the pain?

im going to the dentist and ive never gone being pregnant so i have no clue what to expect to be honest havent gone in like three years...my teeth are horrible and i am very scared...to say the least

cadence_mommy09

Asked by cadence_mommy09 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes there are thing they can give you that is safe... I had a wisdom tooth pulled while I was prego...
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 4:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• you have to tell the dentist that your pregnant, he'll know what you can and can not have, if you are not sure, with what he gives you, there is only one sur ething, ask your doctor.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 4:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree with PP.

In my research on pain relief during labor, nitrous oxide, is commonly used in other countries. Some US doctors/hospitals use it but it's not that common here to be used during labor. So it would make sense to me that the dentist could use that. That's what I used for most of my dental work before I joined the Navy.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009