Breastfeeding Problem

My little one pulls her bottom lip inside her mouth while breastfeeding. It's really starting to hurt! Anyone know how to correct this problem?

babywhatnow

Asked by babywhatnow at 4:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just gently pull it back out by pulling down on her chin
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 4:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree with AmiJanell. My son used to do that while he was nursing and just anytime too. I'd just pull down on his chin gently and it's pop back out. you could also try to reset her latch. Just break away and then have her try again.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• pull down on his chin and if that doesnt work then try taking him off and putting him back on thats what i had to do and it taught my daughter and it only took a couple of times....
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'd say to just keep correcting them. Contact your local La Leche League for further advice :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• put your finger in the corner of his mouth to break the latch, push down gently in the middle of his jaw between his bottem lip and the bottem of his chin, it will help him open wider, also you can hold the lip down while he latches and then let go so he can drink.

Always
    ~Syl~
    Fae-Lee
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2009