Do you think a white woman with a dominican man is equal to a interracial couple?

I am just curious because some people only feel a black and white couple are consider interracial.I am a white woman and my hubby is dominician and people still give us grieve and look at our children with nasty looks.I feel we should be so past all that and be happy with who you are with.

lexylove206

Asked by lexylove206 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Anyone who is in a relationship with someone of a different race, they are in and interracial-relationship.

AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 4:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree with you. It's so immature of people to look at you crosseyed. My husband is only a 1/4 puerto rican, but my family still acted a little wary when I told them. They think interracial relationships are difficult and should be avoided. I'm sorry to hear that people look at you guys that way. I'm sure your children are beautiful and well-adjusted. I do view that as an interracial couple, but I don't see that it matters...ever. A couple is a couple, and as long as they're happy and are doing the best they can, it's fine by me.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes that is interracial. My husband is half Puerto Rican and half Irish.  He has one brother that is very fair but with dark hair.  The rest of them all got the nice tan and big brown eyes. 

It is sad in this day and age that we care more about people's race than the character of their heart.  I'm sorry for the nasty looks and the stupidity of racism. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My family is very bigoted and when they learned my hubby was a quarter mexican,they got very rude.I've heard thru other family members that they make remarks.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• who cares girl.. so you to arent carved out of the same cloth.. move on.. you are what is making it a big deal.. be proud mama..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Are you different races? Then it is interracial. I am white DH is Hispanic, we are interracial. I am fortunate to live in CA where no one gives a hoot! It is more shocking to be married than in an interracial relationship(at least if you are young).
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 5:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The fact that you care so much about what other people think will eventually affect your relationship regardless of what actions you take at this point. If you love one another, than a look in the street should be laughed about because the onlookers are pitiful, miserable, desolate people, who will never know the kind of love that you share w/ your husband. "It takes one to know one right"? And if they had any clue how the two of you feel about one another then they wouldn't hate so hard. Obviously, they've never had the pleasure. Some people live their lives and some people are just alive. Which type of person are you? Perhaps you should think about that. You're marriage may depend on it one day.
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Please feel free to use my line when people look @ you funny! I come from an interracial marriage... when people gave me or my parents crap I would just tell them I'm less inbred than the rest of them! I lived in a very small white town @ the time, however, so I may have had an overly-large chip on my shoulder.
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 6:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes :)
    Thats fine though I am white and my dh is african american
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 6:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I've never had any negative comments or looks with any of my interracial relationships. I've had questions about my kids though..like are they really mine...duh
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 7:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009