He's Annoying Our 3 Year Old!

My Fiance has been VERY goofy his whole life. He's like the playful kinda guy. And lately he has been like kinda smothering our daughter (3) with kisses, picking on her and annoying her. She tells him to stop but he won't! He's like little kid! And we have arguments due to that. Like...it happens more than once a day! His family has told him to calm down...but he won't. He never really had anyone to play with as a child and now I feel like he's treating our daughter as if she was his sister! Kinda like a bully. He says I'm jealous because he kisses her more than he kisses me...but it's not that! I just get OUTRAGED because I know he's annoying her. Oh, and it's not just her in general. He does it with MY 5 & 12 year old nephews as well! And now I think he keeps doing it to get me mad..Sometimes I feel like walking away to give him a wake up call...but I don't think it'll work. PLEASE HELP!

gengen8705

Asked by gengen8705 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sounds like he's acting like a little boy instead of an adult. I know it's fun to tease your kid sometimes but when it's a constant thing, that needs to stop. Your daughter is going to think that is how men who love her are supposed to treat her. You need to tell him what he is doing is not showing her love, love is doing things that feel GOOD to the other person!
    Gabrielle00

Answer by Gabrielle00 at 9:32 AM on May. 1, 2009

• My dads whole side of the family are like that. They aggravate kids. I think they don't know how not to. My stepmom tells my dad to not egg on my son cause it gets bad. My cousin told my dad and uncle that he couldn't wait till they were old and senile, that he was gonna come and torture them and they couldn't do anything about it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2009