How low down can you get?

I know its a tough job market and all but people are taking advantage, our attendance crew had one of our own wrote up no call no show when she called in 55 min before her shift. This was well within the 30min time that was written on our worksite intranet yesterday. We heard she was wrote up and we looked it up some copied it off. Today a memo was sent out it has been changed to one hour. Has anyone else experiencing the powers that be being shady like that or is it just us? I would post my name if it were not for the job market,lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• It happens where I work all the time. We have to give no less than 4 hours notice unless someone is dead,period. If not you get wrote up. Second time you lose 50 cnets an hour for 2 pay periods. third time you're fired.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure about calling in to miss work- but my husband's work has started pulling crap....

*They asked him for his personal insurance so that if anything happened to him while he was driving a company vehicle, then they would charge OUR insurance. BS huh?
    *They through a fit because my husband had four hours of overtime, and their full staff had a total of 7 hours of overtime.
    *When he took two extra shifts in the middle of our spring break (we're both college kids) they called him on his normal scheduled shift and told him not to come in because it would mean overtime. Let me tell you, he didn't take those shifts for the thrill of it. We would have gone out of town but we needed the money- then they call and "cancel" his shift.
    *They told us to write to Congress if we want a raise. They won't even bump us up for the cost of living. YIKES!!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• She can and should fight it bc obviously she has proof that they didn't send the email until after she had done so. That is shady.
    Anonymous