Good made at home cleaners??

I'm "nesting" in a house that hasn't been cleaned and has been hiding under lots of JUNK for about 6 years. I wanna scrub everything clean and stuff, but I don't want to use any harsh chemical cleaners and I'm on a tight budget. Does anyone have any recipes? Like idk, throw some baking soda in and something. Ha ha. Idk. Help please!?!? Idk if this info is important but I'm having a perfectly normal pregnancy aside from some stress, and I'm 5 months along today.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 5:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• There's a great book for this --Clean House, Clean Planet by Karen Logan -she even rates the at-home recipes in her book, so you can choose the top rated ones only to make. It's all non-toxic and safe--ahhh.
    wymom94

Answer by wymom94 at 4:34 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I clean my entire house (windows, wood floors, kitchen, bathroom, mirrors) with a mixture of white vinegar and distilled water in a spray bottle (1 part vinegar, 1 part water). Totally effective and nontoxic. for deeper cleaning (like the toilet, bath, sink), I use Bon Ami scrub (not home-made, but it's nontoxic and not expensive).
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 5:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009