help what should i do?

i just found out ysterday that a mother at my sons school called my son a little shit I don't know why she said this as he is a really good boy and he is so shy he hardly say's anything to anyone. My son use to play with her son and they had a couple of play dates at her house before. she is a bit of a gossiper and has said nasty things about other people children to me before on several ocassions so when this other mother told me about it i knew it had to be true because i know what she is like I really want to confront her about it but my partner said not to and just ignore her from now on and if she comes to talk to me just walk away there is alot more to this lady and i have seen her been really nasty to another mom she had a falling out with this mother is so over her that she has pulled her son out of the school what should i do i really want to ask her why? but my partner says no what shld i do?

tumtum360

Asked by tumtum360 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Did she say it to him? If so, you really should say something to her. If not, that's a little harder, but I still think I'd say something about it.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 5:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• no she didn't say it to him she just said it about him but i don' t really see the differnce because he is only five and i would never say bad things about another persons kid especially when she doesn't really know him i wonder how she would feel if i said that about her kid so do you think i should just forget about it and just ingore her?
    tumtum360

Answer by tumtum360 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Stay away from her. She isn't worth your time.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 5:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Well, first, I wouldn't confront her. That will just cause more trouble than you need. I would just ignore her from this point on and not let her son play with your son. With that said, although I do not agree with anyone calling a child any kind of name, I think maybe something happened between the boys that caused her to not like your son. I know my son has a kid in his class that lives near us. This child seems like the sweetest, most well behaved child in the world at school, or when his mom is around, but when he comes over w/o her, he antagonizes my dog, pees in my yard, doesn't listen and screams and yells at my kids. I just told them all today that they are not to play together anymore. I wouldn't call him a name, but I did get fed up. I'm not saying your son is at fault, maybe her son did something and blamed yours or something, and so she thinks your son did it and doesn't like him, even if she didn't handle it right
    Anonymous

• I would leave it, and her alone. There's no need to start a fight. You can go on happily with your life without hanging around her.
    Clarkebar2

Answer by Clarkebar2 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• thanks for the answer ladies yeah i think you are all right and i will stay away from her. i know my son well and he is really shy and his teachers are always saying to me that he needs to build his confidence up but he is just a kid and who knows he may have done something wrong that i didnt see but as a adult she should of approached me and told me instead of calling my son names to other parents he has hard enough time making friends because he is so shy that he doesn;t need other parents thinking he is naughty cause he is not. yeah people like that are weird and i will just forget about her and keep my distance thanks everyone
    tumtum360

Answer by tumtum360 at 3:04 AM on May. 1, 2009