• In the Spotlight:

Anybody know (piercings)

I have already had my belly button pierced 2 times already.
The 1st time it got ripped out so I had it done again and when i got pregnant i didnt know about the maternity belly button rings so it grew up again, I am going saturday to have it pierced for the 3rd time.
Theres some scar tissue from where it was pierced before, so I know its gonna hurt worse (which i dont mind the pain) but has anybody had it done 3 times before? were there any complications or anything like that?

mommyBrooke849

Asked by mommyBrooke849 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not my belly button but my nose I had done 3 times, and yes it did hurt a ton more the 3rd time around from scar tissue but other than that no other complications.

Just make sure to keep your hands off of it unless you are cleaning it until it is fully healed, that is the main cause of infection.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Are you absolutely SURE that it is closed up?? Because I took mine out when I was 8 months pregnant, and I just put it back in about 2 months ago and my son is 2!! I didn't even know that it was still pierced, but my neighbor told me that she "bet" it wasn't even closed up and she was right!
    Anonymous

• anon. 5:29 yep its closed up :( I tried to put the ring back in the day after I had my DD and it was already closed up
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• thats why every so often i just slid my ring in my belly while i have been preggo so it wudnt close up !!
    Anonymous

• I had mine ripped out too. It will be fine, I just have a scar in front of the barbel, no biggie. It did take forever to heal though the second time around.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 5:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It takes longer to heal and hurts more, but I didn't have any other complications. Mine got ripped out by a dog the first time-that was fun- and then I took it out when I had my daughter. I haven't lost my baby weight yet, so I haven't gotten it done again yet.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I'm pretty sure it just takes longer to heal the second time because of scar tissue. I still have mine in (although I'm certainly not wearing any belly baring shirts with these stretch marks! LOL) and it didn't close up. I've heard that if you keep fishing line in it during pregnancy that also works, anyone else heard that?
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 6:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I haven't had my belly button ripped, and I kept it in throughout my pregnancies. Though I have had my right eyebrow pierced 4 times over - the first time it got ripped out, the second time it fell out, the third time there was a calcium buildup and I had to take it out and I got it done a fourth time last year - my piercer told me if I have to take it out again for any reason he wasn't re-piercing it because the scar tissue will be too thick. I haven't had any problems with it so far except it bled quite a bit which usually there's barely any blood when I get pierced (9 in total), I just made sure to keep it clean until it was absolutely healed
    Anonymous

• I have never had my belly button pierced. I had my ears periced a second time though and I am such a wimp with pain that I have always let it closee up that was when I was ypung though maybe if I do it now it won't be so bad.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 6:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I had my nipples done twice and it hurt soooooooooooooo much worse than before. However, I had complications the first time where it got infected and that is why I took it out. But the second time was easy breezy the whole time. I had to take it out only to breastfeed.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009