make em yourself cleaners?

I'm "nesting" in a house that hasn't been cleaned and has been hiding under lots of JUNK for about 6 years. I wanna scrub everything clean and stuff, but I don't want to use any harsh chemical cleaners and I'm on a tight budget. Does anyone have any recipes? Like idk, throw some baking soda in and something. Ha ha. Idk. Help please!?!? Idk if this info is important but I'm having a perfectly normal pregnancy aside from some stress, and I'm 5 months along today.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 5:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You can clean your entire house with a 50/50 mix of vinegar & water. The vinegar smell will dissipate quickly once it dries, but if you want it to smell nicer, cut up a lemon and shove it into a gallon of white vinegar and let it sit in some cool, dark corner for a month, then use the vinegar - it will smell lemony and the lemon gives it a bit of extra antibacterial power.

If you type "green cleaners" or "cleaning with borax" or "cleaning with baking soda" or "cleaning with vinegar" into the search feature at www.ehow.com, you'll get many articles that will tell you different ways to use these natural products to clean your home and its contents.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• vinegar, water and tea tree oil.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 5:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Check out "haley's hints" at the library-- he has all kinds of useful recipes for cleaning, like using shaving cream on mirrors to keep them from fogging.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• One website that has a bunch of them is: http://www.natural-healthy-home-cleaning-tips.com/natural_home_cleaning_recipes.htm
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2009