When is the soft spot supposed to close???

Audri still feels like she has a hole in the top of her head and I'm just wondering if this is still normal???

Candice0986

Asked by Candice0986 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well sometimes it takes a few months. my daughters didn't close until she was around 5 months or so
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I don't think they really start to (noticably) close up until their around 3 months. I could still see my youngest's when he was almost a year old, so I asked the doctor. She said that it could take until he's 3 years old to completely close, and that they really don't worry about it until then.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 5:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• around 18 months it starts to close up..
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• 18 months?! wouldnt that be scary? baby is crawling sooner than that and always bumps into things... all i can say is my DD's soft spot is slowly closing, like not noticable day by day but more noticable week by week. i think 18 months is to long... i would worry if it stayed past a year... but then again this is all my opinion...

Always
    ~Syl~
    Fae-Lee
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I have a friend whose son is 10 months and his just started to close up ...
    I dont think there is any set age where it will for sure close.. but, I think if its not closed by the time they are 2, I would be concerned.... youre dr should be checking it at every visit
    SaraM0412

Answer by SaraM0412 at 4:19 AM on May. 1, 2009