Anyone out there 13 weeks and know the size of your baby?

I had an ultrasound today and it showed that my lil one weighs roughly 3 oz. I thought he or she would be rather small since I have lost like 6 pounds since I have been preggers... but the doc said that that was big for 13 weeks. So I was wondering if anyone else knew the size of their lil one...

hnfields

Asked by hnfields at 5:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The weekly updates I read say that baby is usually around 2.5 - 3 ounces this week (week13). They also say that every pregnancy is different & that just as babies grow at different rates after birth, they do the same before birth. Congrats btw...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Thanks. It just had me wondering. The doc said that at 13 weeks the baby should only weigh 1.5 oz. I dont know I think its all crazy. But it was amazing to see the ultrasound... and knowing that this is my last.
    hnfields

Answer by hnfields at 5:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• 1.5 oz??? Oh no! From what I have heard thats a really on the small side for week 13! I'd say, just to keep you updated in the future, check out TheBump.com or Parents.com (or you can just google pregnancy week by week)...all have weekly updates on where baby is at in its growth. Congrats, I can't wait for my next ultrasound!!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Here, check this one out... http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/calendar/week13
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-13-weeks_1102.bc?intcmp=timeline

On average, babies at 13 weeks are 3 inches long and weigh 1oz.

Even if you've lost weight, if the baby gets adequate nutrition he/she should grow normally and be just fine. Even if you couldn't eat enough (nausea, vomitting), the baby will take what it needs from your body. I'd only worry about the baby being too small if you are very sick or malnourished.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Wow, even a bunch of different sites are ranging in weight! I found one that was as low as .7oz (yes, theres a point before the 7) & all the way up to 3.5oz! Well, I guess nobody really knows LOL
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i just went into the dr. last week and i was 13 weeks....had my first ultrasound and my baby was 3 oz. too. They told me i had a perfectly healthy baby
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 12:30 PM on May. 1, 2009