carrier covers?

Have any of you made your own carrier covers? I'm trying to find a cheap way to make my blue carseat pink! I found one by bumblerider that would be perfect but, it's $59.00. Any advice?

jacy3031

Asked by jacy3031 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can get on with a zipper front at walmart for 20.00 and under.
    Anonymous

• I don't think you are supposed to put any new covers on your carseat... maybe the company sells something you can buy
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Blue isn't that bad to have a girl in it (I'd worry if it was a boy in a pink carseat lol). I'd get a bundleme instead in pink (or another complimenting girly cover) to put over your existing carseat. Bundleme's are great and can be used as jackets so you don't have to over-dress your child to take them out. Or you can just use it as a cover and take the top of the cover off. The winter bundle me is $40 and the Bundleme Light is about $25. I have both. I don't know what I'd do without them.

I'm suggesting that because I don't know how much I'd be willing to mess with a carseat to try to change it cosmetically and still have it be safe.. That would just make me nervous.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• here are some:
    http://www.babiesrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=jj%20cole%20bundle%20me&origkw=jj%20cole%20bundle%20me&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2255957&sr=1&camp=PPC:204328457
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Maybe you could try dying it?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I do know that you are not supposed to use any aftermarket products on a carseat. Your best bet would be to contact the manufacturer (Graco, Evenflo) and order a replacement cover through them. Anything else voids the warranty on the seat, and if your child is injured in an accident, the carseat company will not be liable.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009