Is being straight a choice?

I am curious for those who say being gay is a choice, does the same apply for being straight? If yes, then was there a time that you considered being gay over being straight?
Was there ever a time in your life that you truly struggled with being gay or not? Or was the attraction to the opposite sex always clear to you?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yep
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• So, tyme4me, were you able to choose who you fell in love with? How'd you do it? Cause I think you are the only one that has figured out how to do that.
    No, it's not a choice, neither is a choice.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I never had to struggle with anything. Everything i have expereinced and went through came naturally since i could remember.

*Im straight.
    Anonymous

• I think it comes from how you were raised.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yep, I made a conscious choice to act on my attraction, just like every gay person makes a conscious choice to act.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yep

Could you elaborate please? Did you struggle with your sexuality? Were you gay at one point, or are you now, or are you choosing to be straight at the moment?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

How is that? i am straight, my sister is gay. We are one year apart and grew up in the same house. Why are we different then?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes, I sat and thought long and hard about it, and decided I would find MEN attractive. Yeah, right.

Some people are bisexual, and they have a choice. Most people are not. Gay or straight, you desire who you desire.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yep, I made a conscious choice to act on my attraction, just like every gay person makes a conscious choice to act

That doesn't indicate a choice. It indicates you being who you are. A choice means there are two possible ways for you to go. Are you saying you struggled or still struggle with being what you are? Do you walk past members of the same sex, and struggle to not want to be with them?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i beleive every1 is born straight then something else might turn ya gay or bi
    but thats jus my opinion
    dats how God made it
    lanlan

Answer by lanlan at 5:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009