Anyone get leg cramps early in pregnancy? Im only 4 and a half months and keep getting them

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know when I'm pregnant when my sciatic nerve starts acting up (around 4 weeks). Someone once told me that it "shouldn't" until you're pretty big. I told her to tell that to my backside, because it must not have gotten the memo.

Everyone is different, so I wouldn't worry about it. Talk to your doctor about things you can do to relieve or at least lessen the pain. GL!

julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yes it is normal. It can sometimes mean that you are deficient in Vitamin C or B or Potassium (or sometimes deficient in all or a combination of those). Iron deficiency can also contribute. Even if you're not deficient in those things leg cramps can occur as a normal part of pregnancy due to hormonal symptoms. My legs were the same way at 4 months all the way to the end.

I googled Pregnancy RLS for you and this is what I found to help you aleviate the symptoms:
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_sleep-problem-restless-legs-syndrome_7549.bc
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yes i got them alot at night while sleeping i would have to get up and walk them out
    Anonymous