White furniture for a boy?

I'm pregnant but not far a long enough to tell what the sex of the baby is and I've found a really cute white crib (bassettbaby cape cod 4 in 1) and a white changing table (South Shore changer/dresser). I always thought white furniture was more for a girl but i guess it doesn't really matter...What do you all think?

jen.ritterbel

Asked by jen.ritterbel at 5:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think white is fine. It's the wall color and accessories you use that will define it as a boy's room.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I don't think it matters. The baby won't care what color it is. Besides the baby would be happy if he slept in a drawer padded with a blanket...babies have no preference to color or design. It is the parents that want what is cute.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i bought my sister a white crib and she had a boy. i think white is for a boy or a girl
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Of course you can for a boy! I've seen magazines where they do white furniture and lots of blue and white (think pinstripes and a sort of sailor theme). It would be bright and cheery. White is neutral you can boy it up all you want! Go for it. (By the way, my little girl is 3 months old and her walls are blue, I just added lots of purples and greens and fairies and it is all girl).
    Jess1077

Answer by Jess1077 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My grandson had white baby furniture. It is what I bought for his older sister. They are 14 months apart. No way was I replacing it just because it was white. I used blue sheets, boy wallborder in his room. It was never an issue. I prefer white for cribs and changing tables anyway. It is easier to see when they get soiled.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I have white cribs for my twins and one is a boy. Just don't use frilly, girly bedding!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• he really wont care. hes a baby lol. as long as you use a darker color for the walls because my ped told me that babies cant see the difference between a white wall and white crib so baby can bump into it. even a tan or light yellow against a white background baby cant see. i thought that was neato to learn. (learned it just yesterday!)

Always
    ~Syl~
    Fae-Lee
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Max's crib is white and dark brown. I love it. We did blue, dark brown, white bedding. It's the Kidsline "popstar" bedding from babies r us i think.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 12:08 AM on May. 2, 2009

• At first when you said white for a boy I was thinking you meant an older boy. I was like...well...I guess it depends upon what else is in the room. Either way though contrasting colours is what I am partial to... like white/red or white/blue or white/yellow??

Home Furniture

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

Wannabemom2008

Answer by Wannabemom2008 at 2:58 PM on May. 28, 2009