Old Wives Tales!!!

Whats the wildest old wives tale you have ever heard since becoming a mother???

JaYsMoMmY09

Asked by JaYsMoMmY09 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• To drink whisky when you breastfeed to help the baby relax, I looked at the woman like she'd lost her mind,lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• oh my goodness-my family is full of those. let me see-if your baby doesnt wear socks, they will catch colic, if your child is faster developing, then its getting out of the way for a new baby, oh i could go on all day but i think you got the point lmao
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yeah, if a child is quick to develop, it is because they are intuitive and know another baby is coming soon. WTH is that? If your baby learns to walk without shoes, they will be pigeon toed. And babies that don't get juice when young will not eat fruit when older. Yeah, I have heard some doozies.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Yeah i have heard plenty from my in laws too. Like you can tell what the sex of your baby is when your pregnant by the sex of the children who want to be around you. Or When your child bends over and looks between there legs, they looking for a new sibling. Oh and not to put my purse on floor, your money will be spent faster.
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 6:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If you have heart burn the baby will have a full head of hair (I have a friend who had major heartburn & her baby was balder than a cue ball until she was 2!). If you take a hot bath near the end of your pregnancy, your baby will drop. If you walk outside barefoot when it's cold, you'll catch a cold. There's more, I just can't think of any more right now!
    Bunnee

Answer by Bunnee at 6:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Tickling a baby's feet will cause him/her to stutter when the get older.
    ferrisdaval

Answer by ferrisdaval at 6:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If you turn a child upside down, you will flip their liver. If you raise your arms above your head while pregnant the cord will wrap around the babies neck. You can tell if a women is having a boy or girl by how she is carring the child. When with small breast can not breastfeed because they can not produce enough milk.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 6:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• someone told me once if I give my kids peanut butter they will have small feet.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 6:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If baby teeth come in too soon then the child is doomed to bad teeth in the future; stretch marks are hereditary; if a baby sneezes there is an angel in their nose; if you have gestational diabetes you will have a large baby (it's only true if the GD goes untreated and unmonitored); and my favorite one is this one - if your child drives you crazy one day you can give them the 'mother's curse' by saying "I hope you have a child like yourself someday." It truly works! My mother said it to me and I've said it to my children.....hahaha!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My GreatGma told me not to tickle my little brothers feet because it would make him go deaf.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009