50% effaced and 1 cm dilated

i know with my 1st child i was dilated 1.5cm for 2 weeks and still had to be induced, so how long is expected since this is my 2nd child. and the baby has been head down for a month now.thanks

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you? I stayed at 2cms for 3 weeks before i went into labor with my first. she was head down from 29 weeks and i had her at 39 weeks 3 days.They was planning on inducing me one week after I had actually had her but i ended up finally dialting more on my own and going into labor.EVeryone & every pregnancy is different though so theres really no telling when
    Anonymous

• This is one of those questions that can't really be answered. You will know the answer because you will be experiencing it. You could dilate and be completely effaced within 24 hours or you could get a little farther along and just stop there. If you need a little medication to move things along there is no harm in that. Let nature take it's course and see how far you can go naturally.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 6:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I was 4 cm for a couple weeks with my son and ended up being induced. Anything could happen at this point. Good luck!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• you DON"T have to be INDUCED. you won't stay pregnant forever, the % and cm don't really matter they can change in no time at all. Let your baby come when they are ready!!!
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You can be effacing and dilated for weeks before delivering. It's not a measure of how soon you'll go into labor. Neither is losing the mucus plug. Same with dropping. I didn't even drop until my water broke.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:46 AM on May. 1, 2009