how much is your electric bill a month??

mine is like 200.00 swear to god. i do live in a duplex that was an old farm house not sure if that matters anyways i dont have lights on all day its just about 6pm and still no lights on. by day the t.v and comp is on. by night tv and livingroom light and when i go to be i watch my show in bed and a fan is on. the tv is on only an hour. how can my bill be that much a month with nothing really on. its crazy and killing me on money im constintly paying them and when i put a dent in the bill bam nes bill comes in. what do i do? im ready to cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Thats actually pretty good mine bill is 100 and I live in a small one bedroom apartment when I live in a two bedroom mine was swear 300 to 400 a month so i think you are doing something right
    lexylove206

Answer by lexylove206 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Mine was 140.00 last month. We live in a 4 bedroom house.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Ours runs about 100-130 a month depending on the time of year to be honest. Right now, it is a little lower, because we don't have the fans or the heaters on. Same with the fall, runs a little lower. Talk to your landlord if you rent about making some changes to make your house more energy efficient. If you own, do some research on your own to see what you can modify easily and inexpensively in your own home. Or contact the electric company to see if they can do budget billing. They will estimate what you pay in a year and split it over 12 equal payments, so your payments in peak season are so high.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• im blessed right now not to have to pay mine i live in a 2bedroom apartment and the bills are included

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Can you call the company and ask them to check your meter to make sure it is working right? Do you have a digital thermostate ? From what I understand the digital ones help keep your costs down.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• We have a 2 bedroom duplex, but everything but our water heater is electric. Our stove and our heat is all electric. I should have mentioned that before hand.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I live in a studio and it runs about $50 in the summer.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i will also add its a 7 room place. 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms livingroom kitchen and diningroom. just seems so high and we havent put in the a/c yet
    Anonymous

• we live in a 2 story house with 5 "bedrooms" one bath, a living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry off the back enclosed porch. there are 4 adults and 3 kids. ours last month was 137.00. everything is electric except our heat. its propane. there is almost always a tv on if not two and my computer is always plugged in and on for the most part. we do laundry regularly and dishes several times a day. 200 seems high to me.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• yes i rent and the landlord could careless what happens here as long as he gets his rent. i took a month to fix my oven that was a great x mas eve dinner with family over..and no working stove.
    Anonymous