16 month old sleeping troubles

my daughter every single night she gets up and i put her in the bed with us. i think shes not been sleeping very well or the crib is to small for her cause when we put her in our bed she knocks out. anyways i also heard i can give her some natural sleepy time tea that has chamomile in it...would that help? and is that ok for her...like it will not hurt her....and do i give it in with her milk or by itself?

Ariannas_Mommie

Asked by Ariannas_Mommie at 6:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i feel for u...... we have the same problem! but most nite my daughter wont go to bed for us so we end up putting her in bed with us... if u get advice that works PLEASE let me know.. thanks!
    kate1227

Answer by kate1227 at 12:50 AM on May. 1, 2009

• i personally think she wakes up cause she knows if she cries she will be in mommy and daddys bed. I would start a sleep training program and let her cry if you have too cause you may be setting yourself up a rough sleeper.... tea is not going to work for the rest of her life so get her into good slepein habbits early =) i know it can be hard but i wud start now!
    kristalsfirst

Answer by kristalsfirst at 6:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree that the problem is likely that she simply prefers to sleep with you and knows she'll get it. She'd have to be pretty darn big for the crib to be to small (assuming a standard size crib). I'd focus on getting her to sleep by herself in her crib. Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Sleep Solution book can be helpful. I've heard there's a toddler version but even the regular one should be helpful. Good luck!
    Anonymous