ok so im a mom of three great kids but they have their moments... my life is constantly busy with scholl, work, the kids school and dealing with wht seems to be an up and down marriage. sometimes i feel like im losing my mind and i take that frustration out on my babies or i get so angry at them that i almost hate that they are around... i feel like the worst mom on earth and need help on how to better deal with these moments.desperate for help/ advice

LadyAries

Asked by LadyAries at 6:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• maybe talk to a psychiatrist about xanex or an anti depressant to handle your stress?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• We're not all perfect, we can't be, but often we find ourselves punished for not being. It's important that we stop and recognize this and even more importantly the best thing we can do for our babies some times is get help for ourselves.

You should definitely talk to your doctor (ask for a referal to a therapist and screening for thyriod disorder as well as post partum depression and clinical depression). If you aren't in a position where you can afford or have access to those services call a crisis hotline, often they can point you to free or afforable services in your community.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 6:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• tabatha said it better than i did :]

i realize that people attach a stigma to therapy, but honestly i see no harm in trying to handle your stress! maybe try exercise first though, im sure after a run you will feel much better!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You sound like you're trying to be a super woman. Something has to give before your health does. Can you possibly drop a few classes or get a part time job instead?

Everyone has only so much mental and physical energy to devote to a day. You have found your limit.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I am in the same boat you are in. I try and keep my cool but sometimes I just can't. I feel like if I try to do real good at school then I am lacking in my relationship and being mommy. But if I focus on being a real good mommy I lack in school and my relationship.
    This doesn't help at work any. If I try to be good in all areas I tend to lack in all areas. It is so frustrating. I hear ya!! Love to ya!
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I so feel the same as san-1 !!! Love ya too!!
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009