How Did You Stop Drinking Soda?

I'm trying to kick the soda habit. My teeth are starting to stain and I think that my diet pepsi max may be the culprit. Any tips?

metalhealthmama

Asked by metalhealthmama at 6:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• Even though it sounds rude, the answer is stop buying it. I used to drink 3-4 sodas a day, sometimes more. When I decided I wanted to stop, I had to just stop buying it. It was really easy to stop when I didn't have it in the house. Even when I got the craving, the thought of getting my keys and my purse, driving to the store, and paying, and then coming home, was enough to make the craving go away. I never carry change, so I'm not tempted by the soda machine at work (well, I am, but I can't act on it). Drink lots of water. Drink some lemonade, koolaid (I know; it's not any good for you either, but still), or oj, if you want something other than water. I drink milk with most meals, they say it helps you with weight loss/control, of course I add chocolate to mine. Hope that helps a little.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ok im not being rude-stop buying it. dont keep soda in your house. that is what i have to do or else i will drink cokes all the time.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i havent lol!!!! im addicted to mt.dew
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Drink water instead. If I need a caffeine boost I drink coffee with cream. Cream helps teeth from staining. You could also brush your teeth right after the pepsi to keep the color from sticking to your teeth.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Stop buying it
    Anonymous

• I'M IN THE PROCESS OF TRYIN TO KICK THE HABIT....I HAVE BEFORE AND I LOST 15 LBS....I WENT TO DRINKIN WATER IN PLACE OF IT.......GOOD LUCK ON KICKIN THE HABIT OF DRINIKIN SODA....................JUST BELIEVE THAT YA CAN DO IT......(WILL POWER)
    HarleyGirl740

Answer by HarleyGirl740 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You will probably go through withdrawl if you stop cold-turkey. My mom used to be addicted to Pepsi and would drink them all day long. She quit and had some horrible headaches.

Try cutting back little by little. Buy only one six pack at a time. Make yourself have to drive to the store to get more.

Open the can and pour out half, then drink what's left.

In other words, make it less available to you.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• ahhh i love diet mountain dew, too!
    metalhealthmama

Answer by metalhealthmama at 6:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• There is no stopping.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I had to stop for medical reasons, but the only thing I did was throw out what I had, and stop buying it. When the craving starts grab water. I drank water for 2 weeks straight, and now cravings are few and far between. (I also lost 8 lbs in that 2 weeks) Good Luck!
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009