has anyone had this happen

I am 35 weeks and went to the docter and he said that he wanted to do a scan because i have not gain weight in 6 weeks, but however the baby is still growing right. what would make this happen??? has anyone had this happen and what did it mean?? she still moves all the time. she is very active.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I only gained 14 lbs. the whole time I was pregnant with my son (sompared to the 70 lbs. I gained with my first child!). Anyways, he still weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. at birth 5 weeks early, so I don't think there's really much to worry about. I think every pregnancy is just different. I don't know. I was very underweight with my first which is probably why I gained so much (I weighed 98 lbs. at conception). I'm sure everything will work out.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 6:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I never gained weight in the 39 weeks I was pregnant. In fact I lost 7 lbs in the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy. They may just want to make sure the baby is growing like it should. Its not a big deal as long as your measuring like you should.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I have never gained more than 6 lbs more than my pre-pregnancy weight and my babies have always been more 8+lbs. I was plus size to begin with and lost ten lbs at the beginning with each baby. There were weeks I didn't gain anything and a couple of times I gained several all at once.
    If your baby is measuring fine then don't worry. As long as you are eating healthy and not exercising too much you and you baby should be fine.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• When I was pregnant with the twins(boy/girl) Dalia stopped growing torwards the end of my 8th month. I was told they would monitor it and to continue to eat healthy foods loaded with healthy and good fats(avacado, walnuts, and such). At my 2nd ultra sound they found her amniotic fluid low and had to schedule emergency c-section(DOESN'T MEAN THIS IS WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOU!!!), also because she had only gained a pound within 1.5 months. SOME baby's stop growing torward the end of 2nd trimester and have a growth spurt about a month before born!!! They will keep an eye on it but if ANYTHING doesn't seem right to you don't hestitate to call and ask your ob questions!!! I'm sure she will be fine! BW GL AND LOTS OF HUGS!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Traditionally, the baby doubles its weight around the seventh to eighth month. If you haven't gained any weight lately the doctor just wants to check to see if the baby has gained more weight. The baby is taking all the nutrition from you that it needs and that may prevent you from showing a weight gain but the baby is fine. You doctor is just being cautious and that's not a bad thing. Don't fret.
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 6:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009