why not use the right terms?

I've been all over the answers section here and I have noticed both serious and not so serious questions involving the genitals. Why is it people have all kinds of names for their breasts and vagina? We all know, or should know the correct terms why don't we use them? Is it embarrasment or just silliness? I'm just sort of curious about this.

teamquinn

Asked by teamquinn at 7:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know...I tend to use correct terms just so it is easier to understand.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Shorter, simpler, faster to say puss than vagina
    Anonymous

• There are ones I really hate...like hoo ha and va jay jay (hope I spelled the right...) Ugh, I hate those, almost as much as I hate the word vax. WTF is vax anyway??????????????
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Not only is it easier but some of us mom's are just used to the terms we use with or around our child or kids!!! I don't think they mean to be funny in the way you took it!!! MY OP!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Ladyd,
    I'm not sure I'm understanding, do you use made up terms with your kids? We used the proper terms at home but out in public we just say girl parts. Not that we have had need to use the terms that much in public.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• We use correct terms at home and out in public.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2009