With this swine flu stuff happening...would you....

tell someone to wash their hands or cover their mouth if they were coughing? AND if you were the person DOING the coughing would you get MAD if someone told you to wash your hands or cover your mouth? I saw a very sick person today coughing all over the place and never did they wash their hands OR cover their mouth- it was HARD not to say anything!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• I would, and I wouldn't take offense if someone asked me politely to do those things. At my little girls gymnastics class, we have a mother who doesn't wash her hands or her sons, and I asked her (nicely) to please not let her son touch anything that my daughter was touching if she wasn't going to make him wash his hands. I also told the instructor that he didn't wash his hands after pottying and he would not let him in class unless he did.
    Bottom line, I don't care who you are if you don't wash your hands don't come near me or my kids, and you'd better cover your mouth, or you'll be hearing from me. I don't play with my kids well being. (I don't think the SWINE is a huge issue, we have a lot of deaths every year due to the common flu, only the media doesn't broadcast that)
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It depends on the situation. A total stranger? Possibly not. A co-worker or friend? Yes.

Also, don't forget that the advice to cover your mouth when you cough or sneezed has changed. Do NOT use your hands. Do not cough into your palm or fist. Cough into your shoulder or the inside of your elbow. Then you don't have to worry about spreading the muck from your cough or sneeze all over everything you touch.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2009