Life (or worse) for pedophiles?

Sexual orientation is decided at birth. Most people agree. And like gay or straight, pedophiles are sexually attracted to who they are attcted to. Nothing they can do to change that. It doesn't excuse it or make it ok it just is what it is. I do not believe pedophiles can be cured. That being the case, the fact that they are re released into society is nuts! I know our jails are over run and strained but these are people that should not be roaming free!! Do think the punishments should be a forver thing?

p.s. I mean REAL pedophiles here. Not the 22 year old that sleeeps with the (very willing) 17 yr old and ends up on the Pedophile registration when the girls parents find out their angel isn't one!!

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• chemical castration and estrogen shots!
    Anonymous

• Lord of the flies. All convicted pedophiles and rapist can be airlifted to a small island where they can fend for themselves and spend their time trying to be king turd of crap mountain.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• As far as I have read they cannot be rehabed so yeah, I'll go for life or something worse. I used to be for castration but that doesn't kill the urge and they can still molest kids.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• All I can say is I would not want the person to sit in jail if they molested my daughter please let me have them and I will torture that sob to death!!! I also don't think they can change no matter what so yes putting them back into society would be crazy, and I think they don't deserve to sit in jail with the luxuries of jail because prison now a days has the same luxuries as we do out here, air conditioning, cable, 3 meals a day, a place to lay there head, anyone that hurts a child should suffer and be put to death.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 7:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i agree with prior post. i would be cool with them tieing them up to a pole in the middle of the city and letting passers by take shots at them, hit em beat em throw rocks at them....itll teach them, and then have them put to death!
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 7:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Pedophilia is not something that is decided at birth. It is a mental condition. If it were something that was decided at birth being molested as a child would not triple the chance that you would molest a child yourself. In fact there are many gay and many straight pedophiles. In most cases they molest children they know first, and it goes from there. Chemical castration and Estrogen shots doesn't alter a persons mind set. I think that they should be studied. We need to discover who and what they really are. Discover what makes them crave children and how they can be fixed. Pedophilia is a fetish like any other. But like all others it usually comes out of some life experience, it's not something that they are born with, that means that it can be treated. The problem is that we don't know how to treat it. I think they should have the choice of being placed in prison or being placed in a mental facility to be studdied.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i like notpanicing's answer!
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 7:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I just don't agree with that Sabrina, I guess I look at my daughters so im thinking with my emotions but if someone was to molest my daughters going to prison or a mental facility does not seem harsh eneough to me. If we had prisons like they do in these third world countries then maybe but not here, they are not suffering by sitting in a prison or a mental facility.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 7:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

•  There are very few pedophiles who haven't been molested as children. I don't they are born that way.

Anonymous

• There are also a great deal of people who were molested as children that DON'T become pedophiles so that isn't it. Now, can someone explain to me why the people in charge of legislation can't get on top of this problem? Do you think it's a political reason?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2009