after you had a vaginal delivery...

honestly - are your 'parts' back to normal or is sex different now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an episiotimy so I'm pretty haggard. I had to get alot of stitches and sex is still uncomfortable 9 weeks later.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Everything eventually goes back to normal.( Don't forget your kegels)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Everything is better! I never tore but sex was better, my vagina was better.. I don't know how to describe it. Like it became more *womanly*.. hehe. :) It took me about 6 weeks to heal and another few weeks before I felt like having sex though, because I was exhausted with a new baby and breastfeeding, etc. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• After 6 weeks you are supposed to be back to normal unless you have stitches as mentioned. If you jump back into "action" too soon ie as soon as you stop bleeding(I only bled for a week or 2) and your body is not "healed" it can be painful and the vagina can feel ackward!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Everything felt normal after 4 weeks, we couldn't hold out anymore lol. Sometimes it felt kind of numb still, like I just didn't get the same feeling down there as before, but it's all better now, and in my opinion, our sex life is way better than before. My boyfriend says it feels normal too. Don't worry though.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I tore because of something very stupid the doctor did. Three years later sex seems the same as it always was, with the exception of some serious soreness of my perineum when in a specific position. I did kegels regularly to regain bladder control the first year and it worked wonderfully. We didn't get to have sex for the first time after the birth until our son was 3 1/2 months (when my husband finally came home *Navy*) and it was great for both of us!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 9:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My husband said it was better after I had my daughter than before, if ya know what I mean
    Kaylee22006

Answer by Kaylee22006 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I had a small episiotomy with my 1st and none with the other 3. I think sex is really the same. There was a period of time after my 2nd that I was having dryness issues but that was because of my hormones and my midwife gave me some progesterone to fix that. Of course, KY would have worked too LMAO.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• After four kids, things aren't quite as tight, but kegels can fix that, I'm just lazy. I think, for me at least, sex is better now. Not necessarily more exciting, but I reach orgasm easier and faster :)
    Tiffatoe

Answer by Tiffatoe at 11:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i had my first and everything seemed fine,but when i had my second things were worse even sex,it still hurts and its been 6mths since ive had her,mainly because its dry...
    Anonymous