I'm a teacher, I have a question, Why do parents send their kids to school sick?

When they know that they are sick, what to make the other kids sick? don't forget the Teacher? Why?

mamababydoll122

Asked by mamababydoll122 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• Because some parents just don't care. Some people don't want the burden of taking care of their kids. And before anyone jumps me I said some. My kids have been in classes where the parents have sent their kids to school with pinkeye (untreated) 5th disease and scabies knowing full well their kids were contagious and the school had to notify all the parents in the whole school cause of it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Cause they have to go to work
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Some single mothers have no other choice, if there child is only mildly sick they would rather send them to school then keep them home and miss a day of work. Some parents believe their child should "tough it out". My grandfather made me attend school unless I was throwing up or had diarrhea no matter how sick I was.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My kid's not born yet, so I can't speak from personal experience. My best guess is that they can't get the time off work. This isn't a GOOD reason, but I could see people doing it.

My mom just never believed me when I said I was sick, and thought I was trying to get out of school. *eyeroll*
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 8:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Kids say they feel sick all the time and aren't really sick. if I kept my son home every time he sneezed he woudl be home all the time.
    Anonymous

• my parents made me go to school when I was sick as a child until I was throwing up or had a high fever. Many parents do this because they have to. Finding a reliable person to watch your children is difficult and missing work in the long run hurts your familys income. With health care being so expensive it is difficult for single parents to take their children to the doctors everytime they have the sniffles.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• banging head into wallangryThis is so twisted!! I Can't count how many days I HAD TO TAKE OFF WORK BECAUSED A CHILD COUGH OR VOMIT ON ME!!

mamababydoll122

Answer by mamababydoll122 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Vomiting, fever, diarrhea..that's one thing and no, my kids don't go to school with that.

A cold and cough is a different story. If there is a problem with a kid having a cough and/or cold in your class, perhaps you should seek a different profession.
    Anonymous

• I know I feel for you some peope have sense and some don't I babysit and when one of the children are sick one mom brings her anyway and the other mom doesn't I don't understand.

The one that brings the child acts like she has to go to work hey when your child is sick they are sick means you need to take care of them and miss work that is your child your problem.

I just keep the child seperated from the otner children.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• to ANONYMOUS! Easy said than Done!!! They say or he had a fever this moring, I gave him some meds this morning, call me if he get sick again.
    mamababydoll122

Answer by mamababydoll122 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009