Please do not be negative I need opinions on this!

First off... here is how i will start it off.. My dr thought I was further than 7 weeks along....But, today I went for an ultra sound, they were having a hard time finding the sac or the baby.. Then they gave me the other ultra sound where they stick tht thing up in u. Sorry I do not know what it is called... Ok well more with my story, when they had done it that one they did see the sac, but they could NOT measure the baby. Only because i'm not as far along as we thought. I'm only 5 weeks... So question... Why would the dr. think im further along than 7 weeks...? Why would I be measuring bigger by my utures ((i think tht is wht u want to call it?)) I do have a tilted pelvic.. Could that be why? Could I be having a big baby? Or could I be having twins? I have already gain 6 lbs. and my clothes do seem to be getting tighter on me... Any please give me your opinion and what you think plea

wyatt102308

Asked by wyatt102308 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hmm... well you seem to have it pretty well figured out. It could be any of those things. I personally didn't show until I was 6 months along, and the doctors were worried my son wasn't growing enough. I only gained 20 pounds and he was born 2 weeks early- he was 7 lbs. 5 oz. 22 in.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My doctor thought I was further along at first also, then I had the internal ultrasound and they found out I was only 4-5 weeks, from what I remember. Within the first few weeks you have a lot of bloating, so that may be why your clothes aren't fitting so well. JMO
    Anonymous

• I'm not too sure, if I could give it a good guess I would say you have a larger uterus then normal which i believe id perfectly fine. MY ADVICE since you are so early in your pregnancy, start writing all your questions down on a piece of paper and take with you to your obgyn appts everytime and ASK the doctor! When you have the baby you wont be able to forget important questions, I still have to write things down...it will help trust me GL!!! dont worry you will be fine, just relax!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• It could be a number if things. Did the doctor talk to you about it? have you had a follow up appoinemtn to talk to the doctor? Duringa vaginal ultrasound theyre able to see alot more than an external ultrasound, my guess is if the doctor didnt immediatly talk to you than your probably fine. I would definetly write these questions down and ask him/her at your next appointment or you could always call and make a sooner appointment.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 8:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• When u that early that is the only way to see when u preg. u get bloated thats y most of my cloths started not fitting try to eat lots of fruits it helps
    xxTiffanGaryxx

Answer by xxTiffanGaryxx at 8:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• are you eating alot? were you overweight when you started out? if so that could be why!
    Anonymous

• the doctor isnt always right because they start the weeks off from your last missed period not from when you actually concieved. usually the ultrasound is pretty exact on how far along you are. my doctor did the same thing and told me i was 12 when i was only 10 1/2 weeks. but if it had of been anything else or something wrong you doctor would of more than likely seen it and told you about it.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 12:07 AM on May. 1, 2009