i need help mood swings needs meds

well i have always had crazy emotions like one minute im fine the next im jumping around and then im mad i live at home with my mom and son i am 15 and my mom says oh its just cause your a teen but i cry a lot at night and get get very over protective with my child i check all the doors and windows twice and sometimes cant go to bed til 1 am i know somethig is wrong i should act like this oh and i get very jealous of poeple i need help should i go to a doctor even though my mom says its all in my head

morganmommie

Asked by morganmommie at 8:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• I suffer from depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, insomnia, and svere mood swings. And I will say this if you notice these things and they bother you like that then seek mental health consultation! You can either talk to your pcp or ob(I'd go with ob since you have a baby!They understand how hormones are out of whack more so.) Your mom maybe unsupportive because she doesn't want to see it or she is afraid of you realizing something is wrong wih her too(just my oppinion!!! But have heard of both!!!) Inorder to be at your best you need to take care of your mental as well as your physical being!!! Its awesome that you know yourself enough to notice these changes and went further to seek advice after deciding your mom might be wrong!!! You are mature for your age. Best of luck and best wishes!!! HUGS
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• you should probably talk to your doctor some of it may have to do with the fact that you are still a teem but i was also like that to some extent and havent yet "grown" out of it and went to the doctor and he put me on prozac its helped alot. im not sure if thats what ur dr will recomend but i would at least call and get an appt soon.
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2009