What are the best toys to have for a 2 year old?

She looks at books. We try puzzles, blocks, shape sorter, etc. She stays with the toy as long as I'm there and then leaves it alone after I step away. Without buying a hundred more toys, how can I find one that will keep her interest longer? Thanks

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• FISHER PRICE LITTLE PEOPLE..THEY ARE WONDERFUL..THE FARM IS A GREAT ONE...
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 8:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• my daughter is 2 and she loves the doodle drawing thing lol anything with music
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I cant remember much as a 2 year old (and I cant use my son as an example, he's only 1), I looooooved legos, and the fisher price little people I loved them! they came with the cars and playsets too! i dont remember how old I was, perhaps older than 2, but I had a little orange and yellow shopping cart filled with fake foods and stuff. it was a dream come true lol and I also remember a bubble-blowing "lawn mower"
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• One problem I've found is TOO MANY toys. When my daughter as all of her toys out, spread over the floor, she is bored. She simply can't figure out what to play with so she plays with nothing and wants me. When I put most of them away, she will happily play for a long time. So before you buy more, try putting some out of sight. Keep just 4 or 5 out each day.

As for good toys:
    Crayons! You can't develop pencil skills if you don't get the chance to draw.
    Blocks
    Balls and cars
    Musical instruments like a toy drum and shakers. Teach her to keep a beat while listening to silly songs.
    A dolly - she may enjoy playing mommy and changing the clothes will teach her dressing skills.
    For outside play, a sandbox, sidewalk chalk, and bubbles.

For a 1/2 hour break, try The Letter Factory DVD by Leap Frog. The Talking Words Factory is a good sequel.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Oh - another good one is scissors. Get a nice pair of blunt children's scissors (I like Fiskars) and give her the junk mail. You need to keep an eye on her but she will have fun turning it into confetti. Just be sure to put the scissors up high when she is done.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Well, my daughter LOVES the snap and styles. It is a doll that is meant for their age and has clothes and hats that easily snap on and comes with crib, high chair or bath tub. My daughter got them for Christmas and its still her favorite (especially the high chair set) it comes with a pet variation if your daughter likes animals a lot. I have not bought the pet ones. Also my daughter loves the wonder pets and she can sit through a whole episode so I can get cleaning done. It took her a few times watching it till she knew it well enough and it can keep her attention.

Also taking a decent amount of toys away for awhile and then introducing it back kept my daughter content for a LONG time and for a couple days after until she was bored again.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2009