? for scientologists

my SO is agnostic but lately, has shown a little interest in scientology. he even has the number of the closest scientology church to our town, saved on his phone. I'm sure there's a lot to know, but could you summarize what scientology is all about? SO explained to me about "self-help" but I'm not sure what that means? is it religious? explain what you can and then some! thanks!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 8:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is little more than a large organized cult. They believe aliens from other places come to the earth and inhabit humans. Oh..did I mention it was started by a failing science Fiction writer. L.Ron Hubbard. Before his death he denounced it and admitted he made it up. Scientologist responded the "Lord Zenon(or whomever) got to him" They learn all your secrets, give them lots of money and they tell you what and who you can say or talk to or about.
    Anonymous

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

http://www.scientology.org/

www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2001/06/What-Scientologists-Believe.aspx - 51k

IMO you should research it some on your own and understand his beliefs. Answers you get here are going to be biased. You definitely want to get an unbiased opinion so you won't get a negative attitude toward your husbands beliefs :)

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• IMO.....they act like L. Ron Hubbard is Jesus Christ!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I agree with Hannahwill. Check out what unbiased information is out there. I don't really like the fact that they charge money for furthering yourself in the church.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I extensively researched it a while ago in order to come to my own conclusion - it's a cult. Really. They even "program" you...it's just flippin' weird.
    Anonymous

• I believe any religion you have to hide proves that it is not the truth. I will never hide or keep secret my faith in God. When it comes to life or death I will open my big mouth and say "Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior!!!" I only love one God the TRUE God.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:15 PM on May. 1, 2009