How can you tell if it's a nerve or not?

My back is killing me. For the past couple of days I've taken extra strenght Tylenol several times a day and no relief. It's my lower back and I was told that it could be kidneys. Just to drink more fluids. Been there, did that, my back still bothered me. At first the Tylenol worked and now doesn't seem to be doing the trick. Any other options?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• Does the pain go down your leg, or into your butt? Could be your siatic nerve. You could have pulled a muscle. Try laying on your stomach with two pillows under you, so your kind of arched with your butt in the air...not too much just alittle. Lay like this for about 20 minutes. Hope your feeling better soon, I have back pain all the time.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You can try heat, Aspercreme, and when all else fails take a tennis ball, put it between your back and the wall and mash it out. Find a spot where it hurts so badly you feel like you're going to throw up and mash that down for 20 seconds or so, breathing deeply the whole time.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 9:24 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Not really the butt area. I can feel it in go from my back to my thigh and calf. I'll try both options as soon as the kids take their naps. Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 1, 2009