How easy/hard is it to go from 2 kids to 3 kids?

My oldest daughter is 3.5 and my youngest is 1.5.

2babygirlsinOH

Asked by 2babygirlsinOH at 9:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• my mom had 3 and said it changed for her, my first 3 are 2 years apart. i wited a little while and had 2 more, now i am DONE. everyone is different, if your lovin it with the 2 and can handle one more go for it!!
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Its been challaging because I jumped from 2 to 4 thanks to unexpected twin pregnancy!!! I wish it was 3 but I know there was a reason I was given twins I can't figure out why other than to teach me a lesson of some sort because they are terrors and run amok!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• For me it wasn't hard at all, my two oldest were 7 and 5-1/2 at the time. They loved the baby, and helped alot. For me personally it was the 4th child that really changed things. That was the hardest adjustment for me.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• its challenging for me but there have been a lot of changes since my baby was born and my other two are my SKs. although we have them more there is still another factor in on everything (their BM). So, my situation is not typical. I think that it can be okay, but as young as yours are I would probably wait. I know that I would like to have another at some point, but right now that would be irresponsible for us.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• For us it was a big change. It is much easier when you have an arm for each one. Aside from the difficulty, I can't imagine life without her now.
    Belle28

Answer by Belle28 at 10:33 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Two to three wasn't really that bad for us. All of my kids are less than two years apart...with an age gap as small as 18 months between #3 and #4. Having three in diapers, however, is just pure painful!! My son is on his way to pottytraining, but I'm not a momma who forces the issue. I refuse to be trained myself, so I'm letting him do it on his own time!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 11:54 AM on May. 1, 2009

• It depends on how you look at it. To me it was just one more. Not a big deal.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:01 PM on May. 1, 2009

• It was much easier than when I went from 1 child to 2.
    If you adjusted to 2 children, then a 3rd child should be a smooth transition.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:20 PM on May. 1, 2009

• It is just that some days I think I could handle a whole fleet. Then other days it is not so easy. My husband and I go back and forth but neither of us feel "done" having them!!! People I talk to say that you just know when you are done.
    2babygirlsinOH

Answer by 2babygirlsinOH at 7:28 PM on May. 1, 2009