plz comment

ok i'm 9 weeks and2 days pregnant april 12 i spotted for 3days light pink to brown and i went to the er and was told it was implantation bleeding......Ok i can take that...ok then about a week ago i had spotting when i wipped only last an hour not even enough to use a pad i went to the er an one dr came in did pelvic exam said my cervix was closed and did a pap to check for infections etc...then 20 minutes later another dr came in an told me he was not worried becu8z there was no red blood and it could have only been a threatend miscarry and left the room....then last night i spotted lasted for about 2 maybe 3 hours went to the er again this time i was told it was from everything being streatched for the baby to make room i ask to least check the baby make sure there was a heart beat etc and they wouldnt do it becuz she said it be to eary to hear the heart at only 9 weeks. dont c a dr till 12wks:( any1 else had this im scared

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I actually stopped calling the mergency room when I was having pains or anything. They just blow you off and tell you to take tylenol. I was in a car accident at seven weeks and they wouldn't give me an ultrasound or anything at the ER. The doctor just told me to "keep my fingers crossed".

Anyways, I had brownish blood a few times. The doctor said it was probably just old blood. Try to not worry and stress about it too much, because that's not good for you nor the baby. Give you OB a call in the morning. I feel the people at my OB office are a little more sensitive to my concerns. GOOD LUCK!!
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• that doctor is an f-ing idiot then bc yes you can HEAR a heartbeat at 9 weeks! i heard a heartbeat at 6 weeks for christ sakes! you may not be able to see it on ultrasound yet, but it can be heard!

just had to say that, and that i agree with abryn dont stress!! easier said than done i know but thatll actually make it worse! and week 12 will be here before you know it!! youre in my thoughts!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 9:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• That's just how the ER is, like the previous posters said. A good idea when you are truly concerned is to give your OB a call...call the office and most of the time they have an emergency line and you can have an actual OB call you back within minutes. They can tell you if things are normal or not and if you need to be seen...if they feel you need to be seen they will get you in to their office or refer you somewhere and make a call to the place themself to make sure the care is satisfactory.

As far as the bleeding goes...don't worry. That was the story of my life from weeks 5 to 14. I had brown and pink bleeding off and on the whole time and pretty intense cramping. I was scared senseless and had the ER treat me the same way. When I talked to my OB they advised me to do what I just told you to do. It's mostly normal although I know it's scary no matter how many people tell you it's normal.

javila

Answer by javila at 9:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Push them to do an ultrasound... even if they couldnt hear the heart beat (which they should be able to) then they would for sure be able to see it...
    its normal to get a little bit of bleeding here and there.... but i dont think what you are experiencing is normal... dont mean to scare you.... but i think you should definantly call a regular doctor and tell them whats going on. your OB should be able to schedule you in earlier to see whats going on... good luck sweety!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 9:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• CONT. (sorry lol)

Just relax hun! If you aren't having a period flow and arent doubled over you are fine. Take it easy.

Things that can help:
    -Lie on your left side or on your back with your legs propped up
    -Drink lots of water...I mean LOTS
    -Clear your mind
    -Watch tv, read, listen to music whatever relaxes you (this will make you feel much better...worrying will only make things worse!)
    -Avoid any strenuous activities

It's hard but you will be fine! And most likely...once you see your OB they will do an ultrasound because of the bleeding and will check things out, you will feel sooooo much better then. That's what they did for me and they CAN hear the heartbeat that early on the ultrasound just not usually with a doppler. I heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks on the ultrasound.
    javila

Answer by javila at 9:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Thanks javila to know you went through it too is a big relief:) never no cramping just light pink and vrown..again thank you5
    Anonymous

• I feel so much better just from your words...again thanks Javila
    Anonymous

• Oh no problem girl! I've been there before and no one was really there for me to share their experiences. I'm glad I could help! Oh and if you ever want...send me a friend invite or send me a message if you just wanna talk or anything. I know you posted anonymously but if you'd like to feel free just let me know that you are from this post! Best of luck to you!
    javila

Answer by javila at 9:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Call your OB ASAP! I know it sounds hard to do, but try to relax and take care of yourself between now and the appointment time. Also, your OB could move the appointment up. I went to the eye doctor around my 4th week of pregnancy and found out that my blood pressure was high. The nurse at the Dr's office took my blood pressure and it was in fact high. Anyway, I got to see the OB right away and he told me to prop up my feet, drink a lot of liquid, and do light exercise. He didn't tell me this, but I also started to eat low sodium food and recipes from a low sodium cookbook because I thought that would help. My blood pressure went down a little bit. I'd give the OB office a call.

Amy
    alr516

Answer by alr516 at 2:42 AM on May. 1, 2009