• In the Spotlight:

Is your son (or will he be ) circumsized? why or why not?

can we keep this civil please :)

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• no he isnt. He was preemee and was in the hospital for a week I felt it was too risky and unnecessary to put him through a circumcisions. Circumcising is dangerous, not to mention can be done wrong and make a penis fall off, grow wrongly etc. Many babies have died from circumcisions.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• One is and one isn't. The oldest is not, I thought it was mean, but he would get little weenie infections and have to mess with it all the time, so we went ahead and did it with my youngest.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I have 2 sons, they were both circumsized. I"m really not sure why I decided to have it done, it was a long time ago, 1984 & 1990. It just seemed like the thing to do, like no one told me I didn't have to do it.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• i will be civil and i respect everyones choices:) i have 2 boys and they are. all the boys in my and my DH family were also. if my DH were not then it may have been a different choice men seem to have a strong opinion about this with their boys. my friend had a boy and wanted to but herDH is not but they chose to have him done.
    Anonymous

• Both of my sons are circumsized, now... before having my first son. I had spoken with his pedictrition and she had metion that it's the best because of the area and it needs to be clean constantly but of course she also said it's my choice.

Now my grandmother had two boys, and she mention to me that her boys were not circumized. I did'nt ask why? LOL...
    margodod

Answer by margodod at 9:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Mine isn't because its believed that if you circumcise its more beneficial spiritually and prevents infection but neither is true! If you wash it every day and check it occasionally he's good. BOTTOM LINE YOUR BABY YOUR CHOICE!!! Look into it weigh your options and go from there!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Both my boys are, as well as my DH. This is why we chose to have it done. We have had no problems with theirs.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My son is. He got circumsized at 2 weeks and it was AWFUL! Something happened during, to this day I still dont really know what. I brought him home, changed his diaper, and there was blood. He had to get stitches in his penis! Now he has a scar on it and they wanted to do another surgery and said he couldnt get it done until 6 months. They said it was only cosmetic and I told him absolutely not. I am glad I got him circumsized because I personally think children should be, but we went through hell getting it done.
    YoungMom0803

Answer by YoungMom0803 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• three boys, not circumsed... because there is NO medical reason for it. I would not perform a needless, and barbaric procidure on my infant simply for cosmetic reasons.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Neither of mine sons are circed. I spoke to 3 pediatricians and they all said it was unnecessary. Every medical journal I read said it was unnecessary. I'm going with that.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2009