Bags have gone dry!!!

I'm a nursing mother, and I've hit a dry spell. My 3wk old son nursed heavily about 3 days ago and kept spitting it all up, ending up hungry all over again. He ate more and more, and I've gone dry. DH went to walmart and bought a can of Enfamil Lipil to supplement him until my milk comes back in...

Question is: What is it that I can eat or avoid to produce a little more quickly? I do not want to have to rely on it often, or have to resort to it at all, if I don't have to.

matobe

Asked by matobe at 9:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• dont call them bags!! lol boobies, ta-tas milk jugs...bags? lol...good luck on that though!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Drink a Guinness. Yep, the beer. I'm not a doctor or anything, but this worked for me. It has some really good stuff in it & can help your milk come in. Drink it right after you finish nursing so baby won't get any in his system. And keep nursing. Even if you are giving baby formula, keep nursing him as often as possible. Nursing is a supply & demand system--if he isn't demanding, you won't supply! If your milk doesn't come back, see your doc ASAP. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• it got your attention, though, didn't it?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• My daughter's milk supply dried up within 3 weeks, too, and we were so sad. The thing is that her daughter was nursing regularly every 1-2 hours and drank until most of the breasts were emptied and then my daughter would pump the last bit of it to save. All of a sudden, she started to produce less and less and then finally nothing. She kept putting her daughter to her breast to try to restimulate the milk supply and took some supplements her doctor suggested, but nothing worked. Poor thing is so sad that she had to resort to formula feeding and I am sad for her. I loved breastfeeding my children and can only imagine the emptiness she feels. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:07 AM on May. 1, 2009