Has anyone meet anyone who has been "cured" of being gay?

If you have how long where they "cure" for. Did they relapse. I have never met anyone who has chosen this path.

fireball1978

Asked by fireball1978 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have a friend Jere who was forced by his very religious family to go to a "sexual correction" camp as a teen. He was there for several months. When he returned home he was "cured" of being gay. (his term...not mine) He was miserable but dated girls from that point on. Several years later he married a woman and they have two kids. They are now divorced and he is seeing men. His family disowned him and his ex-wife won't let him see his kids.
    He has had a very difficult life because his parents couldn't/wouldn't accept him for who he is. The whole notion that you can cure people of homosexuality is ludicrous! What is there to cure?...You love who you love...it isn't a choice.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• That's assuming that being gay is a "choice"... Most people don't believe it's a choice, it's just the way someone is. Most stories I have heard about people being "cured" of being gay is just that they decided to hide it to please someone. They weren't actually "cured", just back in the closet. Good luck with this though. I see this turning ugly.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I think it would be great if there was a cure for this actually. Why can't two men or two women create a child together? Why, because it is against nature, plain and simple
    Anonymous

• that doesn't even make sense to me...even though I am not for or against gay that is sort of offending. Not to get drama of course! But...how can you be cured for something you make a life long choice in? Can I be cured of not being a mom? Not really I mean I GUESS I see what you are saying but not to a full understanding. So no I have never met someone who was cured!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I have never met any one "cured" of being who they are, but I do know of a few that tried to be "straight" when in fact they were not. They did go back to being themselves..gay...I also know a few that toyed with the same sex and decided it was not for them. I say what ever floats your boat. I have no problem with gay or straight people frankly.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I actually know two women who were very much gay both fell in love with men and are happily married. And no they don't relapse. They loved who they loved. It's not for me to say if someone is cured, in the closet, or straight. It's not for us to judge.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I think it would be great if there was a cure for ignorant undeducated, bigots. THERE ARE STRAIGHT COUPLES THAT CAN'T HAVE CHILDREN STUPID!!!! Who are you to say it's against nature? It doesn't affect you, and you know nothing about it unless you are gay or bi, so GROW UP AND DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I am not advocating for the "Cure" myself. I was wondering if anyone can speak on this subject from personal experience. I personally do not believe that people can be cured from being Gay.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I do know a few people who used to be gay. I don't know them well enough though to know if they still have same sex attractions. This is a website I know of. I don't know if anyone is interested, but some of the people that I know of who used to be gay promote this organization. Exodus International

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• steff 107
    Where they bisexual? I am Bi and married a wonderful man.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2009