My 2 year old daughter was getting out of the bath and she scratched herself with her finger nails in her private area...she is screaming every time she needs to go potty and it is bleeding a little bit..

I looked and i can see where she scratched herself..i gave her a wet wash rag to put down there and she seems to be feeling a little better..is there any type of medicine i can put on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd did that when she was little,poor thing, warm cloth is good and TLC. I didn' use medication but maybe a kids tylenol to help her sleep.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Neosporin! It'll heal quicker and the petroleum will protect it from pee stinging it.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• If you have any Desitin I would try that. It always worked so well on diaper rash and it doesn't wash away easily so she can pee and it won't wash away. Good luck
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• NEOSPRIN WITH PAIN RELIEVER...LOVE IT AND USE IT FOR BOO BOO'S ALL THE TIME..AND IT REALLY DOES WORK..I HAD TO TRY IT THE OTHER WEEK..
    TAMMSTWINS

Answer by TAMMSTWINS at 10:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Poor little thing! My daughter had a similar thing happen and I called the doctor about it. She didn't go for a WHOLE day and I had to take her to the doc and have a catheder put in. YOu don't want it to get to that point....so...they told me to fill the bathtub up and let her go pee in the tub. Usually the sensation of warm water will make her go and it won't hurt. I hope this helps.
    Anonymous