back pain, left hand numb, legs too.

im having back pain in my lower back, its lasted since my daughter was born in early jan, and steadily getting worse, now my left hand is constantly having this numbing sensation and my legs get like that randomly to the point that ill be standing up and ill fall over. what do you think is wrong? yes i had an epidural.

LA09TKP

Asked by LA09TKP at 10:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Health

• Look into it epideral could have hit a nerve and damaged it!!! Call pcp asap!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• whats pcp?
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 10:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• primary care physician
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Do you have Diabetes or have you had your blood sugar levels tested recently? Numbness and tingling in the arms and legs can also be signs that your blood sugar is too high and has been for quite awhile. You can also be dehydrated, my fiance get horrible leg cramps when he goes awhile without enough water, he's too much of a coffee drinker but when I make sure he drinks water the cramps go away!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• no diabetes, dont really eat anything with sugar but i do drink ALOT of mtn dew. its possible
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 10:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I feel the same as the mom who said call your PCP/GP. The epidural could have hit a nerve or damaged a disc to explain your leg problems. But, your arms.. not sure what/why. The arm would be your neck, not lower back if it was related to your spine. Maybe you've developed carpal tunnel, I don't know. My carpal first showed up after my son was born -all that new repetitive movement and such. But, no matter -go in to your doc!
    wymom94

Answer by wymom94 at 4:26 AM on May. 3, 2009