How to treat clogged milk duct/mastitis??

Not sure which one I have but I am in soooooo much pain I am almost 35 weeks pregnant and I wanted to see if any one had any home remedies for this? I have had this for a week and I have been to the doctor and he put me on Amoxycillin and I have been taking it for two days and its still the same, I have also tried hot showers/baths, and warm wash clothes and massaging it can someone please help me?????????????

Kaylee22006

Asked by Kaylee22006 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're doing everything I would suggest. I would call your doc back and let him/her know that it has not improved and you are still in a lot of pain. I'm sorry you're hurting....I wish you the best and hope you can get this resolved.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• you're doing everything that i have ever been told to do, you may need to go in the dr. and get an antibiotic
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• You're on the right track. Take some Tylenol to take the edge off the pain. Breezy1988, Amox is an antibiotic. =) Keep putting warm compresses on and massaging toward your nipple. Hang in there! At least if this happens once the baby comes, you can stick the baby on and nurse. It will help make it go away faster. Also, I'm not sure where on your breast it is, but make sure it can drain properly, meaning don't sleep in a bra, let your breasts breathe as much as you can, and don't wear anything that constricts them (underwire bras during the day are fine).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:35 AM on May. 1, 2009