Anyone doing Yoga or workouts?? Iv'e been thinking about it I have 5 months to go & I have 3 pair of pants that fit me & started to cry earlier :(

& I need to cut out the Chinese Food!! to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I love doing yoga!! It's a great way to stay in shape. I also helps with the birth-breathing and pain management. I highly recommend it! And yes I do it now and did it when I was pregnant.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• I worked out regularly before pregnancy and up to 7 weeks. I was sick from week 7-11. I tried one night, but felt winded and light headed. I listened to my body and stopped. Now I am feeling better and slowly getting back into my workouts. Just take it easy at first and work at is slowly. Yoga used muscles you don't normally so be careful. Walking is a great way to start.
    Anonymous

• I went to the gym to lift weights sporadically, went walking regularly, rode my bike until 34 weeks, and did yoga DVDs on the occasion I felt like it. I managed to keep my weight gain to 12 lbs (mind you, I started out at over 200). I think it REALLY helped with my recovery. I was going for 4 mile walks again 2 weeks post partum. I actually lost 10 lbs in the first two trimesters, then went through a baking phase that got me to gain weight at about 30 weeks. My doctor wasn't too happy to hear about all the cake, cookies and brownies! LOL My hubby sure misses it. =)
    They key, though, is to listen to your body. The first time I lifted weights after I found out I was pregnant, I pushed myself too hard, and got really dizzy, and almost passed out. If you think you MIGHT be going too hard, then you are. Take it easy, and slow down if you need to, but remember, it will help keep your energy up. Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:30 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I wish I had been "allowed" to do yoga! I was physically able, but the instructor at my local YMCA was to "nervous" as she put it, to have a pregnant woman in her class, especially once I got farther along. So she asked me to stop coming and ask my doctor to find a class for me if it was something I really wanted to do.
    MssBlckEyeliner

Answer by MssBlckEyeliner at 9:39 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I've been taking a yoga class since a couple of months before I got pregnant. I like it a lot. My instructor is really good about helping people to modify poses because there are a lot of older women in my class with back or knee problems, so she has been really good about telling me how to modify things.
    Hate to say it, though, yoga isn't going to help get you back in your pants, it's just going to get worse. It will help with giving you exercises you can do at home to help with back pain and teaching you how to focus.
    I also walk my dogs 2.5-3 miles about three or four times a week. I've recently found a park that has a bathroom at about the halfway point and I like going there because sometimes I don't think I can hold it for the entire walk anymore. LOL. Once summer really hits, though, I plan on walking at the recreation center where I do yoga. It's inside and a/c will be nice.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:51 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I don't know....I was kinda thinking about doing yoga too but i figured id ask my doctor first....let me know if it helps cause i want to limit weight gain as much as possible...im already up to 200 lbs...though my doctor told me not to go on any diets and don't try to lose any weight...will yoga help you keep your weight or does it make you lose weight i wonder anyways please let me know
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 12:17 PM on May. 1, 2009