Was Jesus a homosexual?

The bible never gives details of Jesus with a woman so perhaps he was to gay. Was this also acceptable in Jesus' day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Who knows? Even if he was gay, I wouldn't care. Even in this day and age with all kinds of technology, men can hide homosexuals relationships. That could be one reason the Jews didn't accept him as the messiah.

To add fuel to the fire..LOL Didn't you ever wonder why ALL the apostles were men? I mean, they all traveled together, everywhere....Paul really didn't like Mary Mag (jealousy has even been brought up by Xtians..maybe thats the reason why?), and he was really close to his mother! LOL.

I don't think OP meant any disrespect, I see this as a genuine question/thought provoker. High five! (especailly since I don't believe being gay is a sin, so I think that Jesus could've been gay and still "perfect" or "without sin")
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:23 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh, hell. I can see the drama coming

mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 10:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Lol wow, prepare to be flamed! (No pun intended)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 10:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• lol
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• Is there any proof either way?
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• *sigh* some people are just ignorant
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• haha wow...you are asking for it haha

but no, i dont think Jesus was gay. id put money on the "he married Mary Magdalene" theory before a homosexual theory. just because the Bible leaves something out doesnt mean nothing like it ever happened. Jesus was prolly too busy to get married & knew he was gonna die so it woulda been irresponsible to have a family. Paul never got married either, but then he talked bad about women & marriage a lot so...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• The Bible doesn't give details of him being with a man or a woman. Some people are satisfied to be without a relationship.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009

• No, I think he was "with" Mary Magdalene. If you do a little more research on her, you'll find out why.
    Anonymous

• Actually, there is more evidence that He married Mary M. than there is that He was gay...
    Firstly - In Jewish culture (from what I've heard), men weren't allowed to teach children unless they were married, and we see Jesus telling the children to come to him - this would have (from what I heard) been a "no-no"
    Also, (from what I heard) in order for His mother to know about them running out of wine at the wedding and concerning Him about it indicates that it may have been His own, as the groom's family was in charge of weddings, and it should have been handled by the groom and his family.
    Another is the other texts/gospels that talk of Him and Mary kissing or how He favored Mary... Apparently this made Peter quite jealous/angry.... Which may be where the "prostitute" thing came from...
    So I believe there is MUCH more evidence that He was married than there is that He was gay.
    Although He never preached against homosexuality....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2009